For more than 130 years, the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) has raised champions on – and off – the playing surface. AAU events provide athletes much needed time to socialize and see friends, help America’s youth stay physically active, and contributes to positive mental and emotional health. The benefits of playing AAU are invaluable.
In these times, it is now more important than ever for the AAU to align itself with partners who share that vision. Partnering with a brand such as Ready® as the “Official Sports Drink of the AAU” provides athletes a valuable hydration resource as they compete in AAU events. We look forward to continuing our strong partnership in the years to come.
Jennings “Rusty” Buchanan, President & CEO
An important part of our mission is to help young athletes achieve their performance goals through best practices in sports nutrition. We’re excited to partner with the AAU and provide the products and resources for the athletes during their AAU experiences.
- The AAU Girls Junior National Volleyball Championships is the world’s largest volleyball tournament with 42,000 participants competing in local, regional and national tournaments in 2018.
- The AAU has always cared about the many communities that have hosted AAU licensed events. Participants in these same volleyball championships have packed over 160,000 meals for underprivileged kids over the past three years
- Kevin Durant and Bryce Harper are both AAU alumni.
- The Olympics most decorated swimmers—Mark Spitz and Michael Phelps—have both won the prestigious AAU James E. Sullivan Award presented to the top amateur athlete in the United States.
- Talk about the apple not falling far from the tree. Both former NBA star Allan Houston and former six-time NFL pro bowl receiver Chad Johnson had daughters who competed in the 2018 AAU Junior Olympic Games.
- The AAU is now the administrator of the President’s Youth Fitness Program (PYFP), the national model for fitness education and assessment in schools.
Ready®’s Sports Drink will be providing teams and athletes at AAU National Championships and major AAU Classics with best-in-class hydration during their competitions and the brand’s protein-infused Ready® Water will also be made available to participants for pre- and post-game nutrition.
2. Mobile Training
With the increased knowledge of how significantly nutrition can either positively or negatively affect athletic performance, AAU coaches and athletes will have access to Ready®’s proprietary Mobile Training Table programming that provides age-specific education and information on best-practices in sports nutrition.
3. Ready Talks
There is a mentality that drives the Ready®Brand built upon the foundation of three pillars–effort, attitude and energy–factors all athletes can control. AAU coaches and athletes will have access to Ready Talks, a series of presentations focusing on different aspects of this mentality and how they can drive fulfilling performance potential and experiencing both individual and team athletic success.
4. Goal Settings
With Ready’s proprietary goal setting and achievement initiative, AAU athletes can learn how best to set, track and achieve their performance and competitive goals. The system promotes goal education and offers practical tips and strategies for athletes that they can also use in their personal and academic lives.