I started using Ready® when I was at Pitt and got to experience its performance and recovery benefits, so obviously I’m very excited to be part of the Ready® Team. Because nutrition plays such a big part in your performance, I’ve become very particular on what I put in my body.
I know I can trust the Ready® products, especially since I use their sports drink, knowing I’m getting the best in sports nutrition. I love the Strawberry Banana flavor in particular. Plus, the more Pat and I spoke about the brand and its mission to inspire athletes to take more pride in their effort than their talent; that attitude and mentality resonated with me and how I approach my football career.
- Was the Pittsburgh Steelers’ first round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the 20th pick and the first quarterback chosen after a stellar senior season and Pitt career
- Drafted in April, by July Kenny’s #8 jersey was the fourth ranked top selling NFL jersey…one ahead of Tom Brady.
- A native of Oakhurst, New Jersey, Kenny also played scholastic basketball and baseball and led his high school to the state football semi-finals as a junior
- Was the 23rd ranked high school quarterback his senior year and actually committed to Temple initially before changing his mind and signing with Pitt
- Both his mother and father were college athletes. His father, an All-American linebacker at Shippensburg University (PA) and his mother a soccer player at Kutztown St. (PA).
- Named 2021 ACC Player of the Year and Offensive Player of the Year leading Pitt to its first ACC crown while winning the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award for best senior QB in the nation.
- Was chosen one of the four Heisman Trophy finalists.
- Broke the ACC single season TD pass record (43) as a senior and also eclipsed NFL Hall of Famer Dan Marino’s Pitt career TD mark (81).
- Used his first Name/Image/Likeness (NIL) deal with a local hotel in order to treat his offensive linemen to dinner every week
- Because he spent much of his time at a Boys & Girls club growing up, Kenny struck NIL deals with a trucking and apparel company to produce “Pickett’s Partners” T-shirts with all proceeds going to Boys & Girls Clubs in Pittsburgh
Ready® Sports Drink
1. Love the idea that a sports drink with electrolytes can also fuel me with super fruit carbs.
2. Whether it’s Ready’s® Sports Drinks or Clean Bars… the taste is amazing. My favorites? The Strawberry Banana Ready® Sports Drink and Vanilla Swirl Ready® Clean Protein Bar.
3. Ready® speaks to my mentality. I know it’s not where you start that matters but where you finish that’s important. And by outworking the competition, I’ll be able to achieve my goals.